Yummy Wakame Weblog
Archive: July, 2011
Wherever you go, you carry your own imagination. Even if you go to heaven, you won’t be able to see it as heaven if there is a hell in your heart. If you have a heaven in your heart, you would even enjoy hell. Yes, it’s true. Because you would see heaven there. It’s all up to you. Om Shanthi, Shanthi, Shanthi.
~ Sri Swami Satchidananda
Loving wholeheartedly and believing in the good of others, like a child, may seem foolish to some, and yes, there are those that will take advantage of it. But to me it is the key to a happy heart and the ultimate goal – peace of mind. Afterall, hardly any of the things we worry about actually happen. So much wasted time thinking about it anyway.
Some days and through some crazy experiences in my life, this belief is rocked to the core, my thoughts go dark and I feel like I will never be able to trust again, but it is no way for me to live. Often people have called me stupid, ridiculously trusting. And in the face of that I tell them that even if I am stupid and it turns out horribly, ego battered to a pulp, I would still do it all over again. And I would, as in each case it was still someone I deeply love. Everyone is worth loving. Everyone is worth at least a second chance. In some cases I gave so many chances I lost count over the years, because some day I hope their struggle to come right might end. I might not be strong enough to give this second chance out right away, but once I do, it is with complete trust. If for just one reason, my peace of mind might turn out to be more valuable than everything else acquired in this lifeftime.
Today something devastated my heart which I dont want to blog about or talk about, but I allowed my thoughts to go very dark and crazy for almost the entire day. I am grateful to have found this message today, to keep my mind young and flexible, and to keep believing in others, and hoping that they too might some day show me the same courtesy, hoping always for me and seeking to find the best in me. As my friend Tiffany said in passing the other day: keep overflowing with love, and let the accusations fall away. Just hearing it liberated me.
Thanks to the wonderful healing powers of my dear friend Dragon and his Seawolf Medicine, I have bounced back, in an explosive way that I only remember in my teens. (more…)
I find these tiny house designs so inspiring. And now that I know my friend Joe O’Toole is an architect AND also has an obsession with tiny house design, maybe some day if I get my act together I’ll be able to build one with him! Wouldn’t that be smashing :D
This beautiful, psychedelic looking herb passionflower (Passiflora incarnata) has been used through the ages as a treatment for anxiety, insomnia, and panic disorder, muscle spasms and more. In fact, studies have shown it is equally comparable to benzodiazepine drugs (diazepam, valium, xanax, the list goes on) though with less drowsiness or other harsh side-effects.
Dosage: take 10 drops in decaf tea or juice and enjoy :)
But don’t be fooled by the cuteness. In the wilds of Colorado she killed a huge hare twice her size, dragged its severed headless body into the cabin and left it as a surprise in Joseph’s closet. That’s my baby girl!!
“When you no longer seek the final word on the rightness of your behaviors and instead seek alignment with the Source within you by finding thoughts, words, and deeds that fill you with love while you participate, you will understand that it is possible to live upon this planet with large numbers of other Beings–who believe and behave in a variety of ways–in peace.”
Sometimes I get frustrated with myself. On the one hand I KNOW I know NOTHING, and I am here, craving to learn and seek as much as I can in this short lifetime… and on the other hand I have this INFURIATING habit of always needing to be right. Even arguing until I’m shouting sometimes.
I need to learn to shut up and accept exactly how the other person thinks or feels, even, in the worst case, if what I am not accepting is another person criticising me… the other person not accepting me. Why do I get so heated? Why do I care so much about what other people think about things? And also, why do I continue to care so much about what other people think of me? I would like to be completely free of all of this junk.
Afterall, other peoples opinions of us are none of our business. Their opinions are their unfinished business.
Today I found out from my childhood neighbour (Gareth Barlow) how to delete my Google+ account without affecting the other Google services I want to keep.
- Login to Google+
- Click on your username (top right) and select “Account Settings”
- Under “Services” click “Delete profile and social features”
- The next page will ask you whether you want to remove only Google+ only or your entire Google account.
- Select what you want and BREATHE! “Ahhhhhhhh!”
I stumbled across some really good advice today… The 80 / 20 Rule & Relationships:
Interesting quote from the movie ‘Why did I get married?’
In most cases, especially in relationships, you will only get 80% of what you NEED and you will hardly get the other 20% that you WANT in your relationship. There is always another person (man or woman) that you will meet and that will offer you the other 20% which is lacking in your relationship that you WANT And believe me, 20% looks really good when you are not getting it at all in your current relationship.
But the problem is that you will always be tempted to leave that good 80% that you know you have, thinking that you will get something better with the other 20% that you WANT… more
The most hauntingly heart-breaking live performance I have ever seen… then, past midway I realise I’m peeking into an intensely private moment..
A lot of us think sometimes there is no point, that it doesn’t really count because they don’t listen to us anyway. It’s not exactly true. Just think about what talks. The only thing they listen to and in fact, the only real voting system that exists. We vote every single time we open our wallets and choose what to spend it on. Creating a ripple of demand. Showing our stamp of approval. Of where the item was manufactured, how it was made, what precious resources it used, how far it was transported at what expense to keep frozen, which countries and small businesses were squashed to make it so incredibly affordable, every job that was lost. In this sense the world does revolve around you. And every single thing you demand to have.
When I think about this, and how angry I get about how everyone else is fucking up the planet… and then I think about that thing I just bought, or ate… I shut up.
November 2013 / October 2013 / July 2013 / June 2013 / April 2013 / March 2013 / February 2013 / January 2013 / December 2012 / November 2012 / October 2012 / September 2012 / August 2012 / July 2012 / June 2012 / May 2012 / April 2012 / March 2012 / February 2012 / January 2012 / December 2011 / November 2011 / October 2011 / September 2011 / August 2011 / July 2011 / June 2011 / May 2011 / April 2011 / March 2011 / February 2011 / January 2011 / December 2010 / November 2010 / October 2010 / September 2010 / August 2010 / July 2010 / June 2010 / May 2010 / April 2010 / March 2010 / February 2010 / January 2010 / December 2009 / November 2009 / October 2009 / September 2009 / August 2009 / July 2009 / June 2009 / May 2009 / April 2009 / March 2009 / February 2009 / January 2009 / December 2008 / November 2008 / October 2008 / September 2008 / August 2008 / July 2008 / June 2008 / May 2008 / April 2008 / March 2008 / February 2008 / January 2008 / December 2007 / November 2007 / October 2007 / September 2007 / August 2007 / July 2007 / June 2007 / May 2007 / April 2007 / March 2007 / February 2007 / January 2007 / December 2006 / November 2006 / October 2006 / September 2006 / August 2006 / July 2006 / June 2006 / May 2006 / April 2006 / March 2006 / February 2006 / January 2006 / December 2005 / November 2005 / October 2005 / September 2005 / August 2005 / July 2005 / June 2005 / May 2005 / April 2005 / March 2005 / February 2005 / January 2005 / December 2004 / November 2004 / October 2004 / September 2004 / August 2004 / July 2004 / June 2004 / May 2004 / April 2004 / March 2004 / February 2004 / January 2004 / December 2003 / November 2003 / October 2003 / September 2003 / August 2003 / July 2003 / June 2003 / May 2003 / April 2003 / March 2003 / February 2003 / January 2003 / December 2002 / November 2002 / October 2002 / September 2002 / August 2002 / July 2002 / June 2002 /